Wednesday, December 15, 2010

December Daily pages 2&4

So I am a little (or a lot!) behind on my December daily but I am hanging in there!  I am still taking pics every day and journaling quite a bit, so I guess I'm not really behind, right :)  I am going to share days 2 & 4 tonight and hopefully be back in a few days with days 1, 3, 5, & 6.  I am still putting the finishing touches on as I have been making my pages as I go- I didn't decide till nearly December 1 that I wanted to do this!  So here is day 2.





So, pretty basic with a few blocks of patterned paper and some stamping.  I put a photo overlay on the photos to give them a slightly aged/scratched look and then typed a title on top of the photo.  I used an EK Success border punch on the edges of my pages (Embossed Curve Edger Punch) and also as a decorative border behind the photo and on the page protector also (Double Embossed Dotted Lace Edger Punch).  The page protectors are a baseball card holder cut into thirds.  Works pretty handy as I love to use the smaller photos!  I used Tim Holtz Mini Holiday 2 stamps for the stamped pieces in the baseball card holders.  The date tags and scalloped tags are from Shabby Chic Crafts.  I then used a Marvy Uchida artisan label punch to add some tags at the top and bottom of my journaling page.  The number stamp is from a retired Stampin Up! set.  A stamped decorations word from an old Technique Tuesday Christmas set, and day 2 was done!

Here is day 4 and it has been one of my favorites so far.  I took the boys to mom's house and Aidan helped her put all the ornaments on the tree.  It was really fun reminiscing about my favorite ornaments and decorations! 







I used some Basic Grey Jovial patterned paper and again the Double Embossed Dotted Lace Border punch. The cheer label is also from Shabby Chic Crafts along with the I'll Be Home for Christmas card.  I tied a bow around the page and called it good.  I printed small 2x3 pictures to put in the baseball card protectors of all my favorite ornaments at mom's.  The red envelope was sprayed with Hollyberry Glimmermist and I cut out the christmas title with my silhouette (love my silhouette!!).  I am going to put my journaling in the envelope.  The last page just has a photo of my most favorite decoration- mom's crazy haired angel.  For years she has tried to get us to let her put a different angel on the tree but it just wouldn't be the same!!  So there you have it, days 2 and 4.  Be back in a few days with more!

No comments:

Post a Comment