Thursday, January 6, 2011

Non-scrapbooking project!

Today I wanted to share a project with you that I did late this past summer.  Landon's nursery theme is safari/jungle animals and I found the cutest little wooden animals at Hobby Lobby that I wanted to do something with.  Early last year, a friend and I went and took a class from Claudine Hellmuth, who has an amazing line of paints and products and does amazing things with canvas.  So, I decided to make a canvas wallhanging for Landon's room!  I am still trying to figure out how exactly I am going to hang it as I don't like what I had in the pictures.  I think I will have carpenter hubby make me a backing out of wood for it so it is sturdy.  Here it is:








Again, I used Claudine Hellmuth studio paints and matte medium.  The letters were cut from my cricut with brown and black Bazzill cardstock, and the adorable animals were from Hobby Lobby along with just plain ol' canvas.  I sewed each section together after I had it painted and finished.  So now I have a cute wallhanging for little Landon's room!  I will post the finished product when I get the backing put on it and hung properly!  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment